Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Shawn Ashmore Dishes On X-Men: Days Of Future Past And How He Almost Didn't Play Iceman!


shawn ashmore dishes on new x men movie

Can it be 2014 already?! Because we are DYING to see X-Men: Days of Future Past!

With Peter Dinklage being thrown into the mix as the new villain and Halle Berry and the rest of the original cast set to return, we’re already exploding with excitement and they haven’t even started filming yet!

Although the movie is still in its very early stages, Shawn Ashmore says he’s definitely excited to throw on the old uniform and get back to his icy ways, dishing:

“I can’t wait. I’m so excited. The fact that not only do we get to reunite and play around with a lot of the actors from the original three [films] but also these two worlds combining is kind of incredible.”

Our thoughts exactly!

Iceman also talked about shooting the first X-Men film back in 2000 and revealed that he was originally set to play Pyro, saying:

“As we were shooting I got new pages one day and it said, ‘Your name has been changed. You’re a different character now.’ All I could think was, ‘Oh man I must have screwed up. I guess they don’t like me or they’re changing the part.’ And I read Bobby and it was the scene where I make the ice rose for Rogue. So that was an interesting change.”

Speaking of Rogue, Shawn says we will definitely be seeing more of the rocky relationship between our favorite mutant couple!

Unfortunately there's still plenty of time before they start doing serious work on the movie, but this should hold us over for at least the next 10 minutes!




No comments:

Post a Comment